Thursday, February 7, 2013

Ramen Noodle Upgrade

Turn your everyday ramen noodles into a quick Pad Thai.  Sounds awesome, right?  The pin for this recipe had a link to ONnline Recipe Directory but the original recipe is Martha Stewart. 


The ingredients you need:

  • 1 package Ramen noodles
  • 1 pack noodle flavoring (Mine was chicken flavored)
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
  • 2 teaspoons Sriracha
  • 1/2 scallion, thinly sliced (optional)
Simple instructions:  

Boil noodles with flavor pack and drain off most liquid. Toss with soy sauce, peanut butter, and Sriracha. Garnish with scallion. Eat immediately.

Lunch ready in under 5 minutes.  Score!


I can't say I've had too many Pad Thai dishes so I can't really compare this to any other Pad Thai, but I liked it.  Tasted spicy and peanutty.  At first I thought it was pretty mild, then after eating over half the bowl, the spices kicked in.  This may be because I'm pretty much a wimp when it comes to spicy food.  So for me personally, I'm going to use less sriracha next time, but you might like it with the 2 teaspoons, or even more.  Also,  I think that adding some more protein, like shrimp or chicken, would also work well with this dish.

The only complaint I have about the dish is that it's pretty high in carbs and calories.  It has almost 600 calories and 60g of carbs (if you eat the whole thing).  So, eat half and make a side salad!

Bottom Line: LOVED IT!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment