Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Pizza Quesdilla

I was craving pizza for lunch so I decided to try this pizza quesdilla recipe.


The recipe is for 4 quesdillas.  I made just one for me! 

Here are the ingredients you need: 

4 Fajita-size Flour Tortillas or Wraps
1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
32 Slices Pepperoni (I used Turkey pepperoni)
1/2 Cup SUPER EASY pizza sauce (or canned/jarred pasta sauce) I used bottled Ragu pizza sauce

Here are the ingredients that I used: 


The Directions: 
 
Spray non-stick skillet (Medium Heat) or flat griddle with cooking spray.   Place Tortilla flat on skillet.  Put 2 TBSP pizza sauce on half of the tortilla, 1/4 C. Cheese, and 8 slices of pepperoni over the sauce.   Fold the empty side over and grill until golden on both sides.

Fast, simple, and easy!  Just what I like in a recipe. :)

I put it together on a plate then transferred it to my pan:


After flipping it over.  Nice and golden brown:


The final product:


This quesadilla completely satisfied my pizza craving.  I actually thought it was better than a lot of frozen pizzas because the "crust" was actually super crispy!  Plus, this is definitely lower carb and healthier than a lot of frozen pizzas (especially since I used turkey pepperoni-only 45 calories for the slices I used). I can't wait to try this again with other pizza toppings.  I'm sure it would be awesome with just cheese too!

Bottom Line: LOVED IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment