Friday, January 18, 2013

Vodka Infused Gummy Bears *WARNING: These are addicting!*

I tried this last summer for my sister's grad party and fell in love with them! I just made them again this past week for the NFC championship game on Sunday. Go Niners! I thought I'd share this with some helpful tips so that you can make them at home. (Our family friend tried to copy my gummies after trying them at the party and didn't fare so well...)




Here's the original blog post.  The directions are as follows:

Simply put the gummies in a baking dish or Tupperware, cover them in vodka and leave them in the fridge for about a week.

I also read another blog post via a pin I found on Pinterest.  I wish I would have saved it because the directions on there were different.  It used plain vodka and fruit juice rather than flavored vodka. 

I opted to use 2 different flavored alcohols: Skyy Pineapple and  Bacardi Watermelon, and Brach gummy bears. 

The recipe says it takes a week but  on the other blog post (should have save it!), people said they only do it for a couple of days and I turns out fine. I decided to make 2 batches-one a week in advance and one 4 days in advance. Let me tell you, there's a BIG difference!

As for my tips:

1. Plan ahead!  Start making these a week in advance or the middles of your bears won't be soft and they don't taste as good.
2.  Use a shallow dish/tupperware.  If you don't, the gummies will become very gooey and stick together in big globs (this is what our family friend did).
 3. Stir the gummies!  I stir it about 3 hours after mixing the gummies and the alcohol AND then once a day until they are ready.
4. Add more alcohol if the gummies suck it all up and are not gooey in the center. 
5. Use Hairbo gummy bears if you actually want to taste the gummy bears.  The Brach bears only taste like the alcohol since you don't taste distinct flavors that much in the first place. 

My final products for the graduation party: 
(Obviously I was drinking before I made the signs because it should be "Under 21")


 The pineapple ones came out better because they were in the fridge for a week, and overall, I liked the pineapple flavor better than the watermelon.  I am definitely going to try out other flavors in the future. 

And the ones I made last week using pineapple Skyy and Hairbo gummy bears:


*NOTE:  You can also use other types of gummies besides bears: drunken gummies pinterest search  I haven't done this yet, but I definitely intend too!  I wonder if cinnamon bears will work for this...

Bottom Line: LOVED IT! 

4 comments:

  1. I tried these with Pinnacle Cotton Candy vodka for the Super Bowl and everyone loved them! I still personally like the pineapple vodka bears better, but cotton candy is definitely a good option too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you put that Tupper ware lid back on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you put that Tupper ware lid back on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you put that Tupper ware lid back on?

    ReplyDelete