Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt

I'm a big fan of Greek yogurt and I love chocolate chip cookie dough, so this recipe sounded awesome to me.  I decided to make it this afternoon as a snack to bring to work with me.


The ingredients:

1 small container of plain Greek yogurt (6 oz)
1 tbsp nut butter (I used peanut butter) same
1 tbsp sweetener (like maple syrup or honey) I used honey
1/4 tsp vanilla
pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life) I used Nestle

After reading the ingredients, I had a feeling that this recipe wasn't going to really taste like cookie dough.  I decided to try it anyways.  

Here are the directions: 

Combine the Greek Yogurt with the nut butter, sweetener, vanilla and sea salt. Mix until smooth.
Top with Mini Chocolate chips. Enjoy!

Here's my final product:


I got hungry at work and took a bite.  Does it taste like cookie dough? No, it actually tastes more like a Reese's peanut butter cup than anything else.  Doesn't remind me of cookie dough, not even peanut butter cookie dough, at all.   I only ate about half of it, then I threw the rest away.  It didn't taste awful, but it wasn't exactly good either.  I much prefer Greek yogurt with just the honey, and maybe some fruit.  

I love the idea of this and it got me thinking...how would cake batter Greek yogurt taste?  Maybe adding a couple tablespoons of funfetti cake mix and some vanilla would be awesome.  I'm going to try it and I'll update you all on how that one comes out! 

The Bottom Line: NOT WORTH IT



No comments:

Post a Comment