Friday, March 22, 2013

Make Cake Taste Like It's From A Bakery

Since I had the oven on to make my dinner, I decided to try a dessert I've pinned. I chose this one because it was fast and easy. Plus, I had pinned it and Kelsey G. had also suggested that I try this recipe on the Recipes Jenn Should Try board on Pinterest. 


Here's the pin description:

Step 1: Look at the directions on the cake mix Step 2: Add one more egg (or add 2 if you want it to be very rich) Step 3: Use melted butter instead of oil and double the amount Step 4: Instead of water, use milk. Step 5: Mix well and bake for the time recommended on the box.

I used white Betty Crocker cake mix.

I did just as the pin description said and got this: 


Notice how thick the batter is!


I made cupcakes so here's the batter in the pan:


And the cupcakes after I frosted them (I used cinnamon roll frosting):


Can you tell how fluffy these cupcakes are?


One word: delicious!  They are so much better than normal cake from a box.  They have a much lighter, fluffier texture with a slight butter taste.  My mom and dad said that they were "okay, but too greasy."  Yeah, they definitely were greasier than normal cake, which is expected since there is double the amount of butter than oil in your typical boxed mix.  Although they were greasier, I don't think it was overpoweringly greasy like my parents made it out to be; they just don't like new things. Cake this way is great, but don't forget that it adds a lot of fat and calories. 

Bottom Line: LOVED IT!   

P.S. I read the labels of all the big name brands (Betty Crocker, Duncan Hines, and Pilsbury), and they all contain trans-fat.  So, I will be making my cupcakes from scratch now on out, but if you don't have the time or lack baking skills, this definitely makes cake mix taste better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment