Tuesday, December 11, 2012

"OMG chicken"

This pin kept getting pinned by the users I'm following on Pinterest, so I decided to pin it too and try it out so you all know if it's worth making! Is it really the best chicken ever?


Here's what the pin said:

"OMG Chicken" Just mix Sour Cream or Yogurt (1/2 c) and parm cheese (1/4 c). Spread over chicken breast in a baking dish, sprinkle italian bread crumbs on top and bake for 20-30 minutes. SO moist and tasty!

I also saw different descriptions on the same pin claiming this was the fastest and tastiest chicken ever.

I looked at the original recipe from a blog post.  These were the ingredients listed: 

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
4 boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
4 teaspoons of Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs


Notice that it's different than the pin's description?  It called for mayonnaise instead of yogurt/sour cream.  Later in the post, the blog author noted that others have tried the recipe with greek yogurt and got good results, and suggested adding lemon, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.

Here's what I used:  


1/2 cup of 0% Greek yogurt
1/4 cup of Shredded Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 Tablespoons of garlic & herb bread crumbs
A dash of salt and pepper
1 packet of chicken tenders

I mixed all the ingredients together, expect the breadcrumbs:


Then spread it over the chicken breasts and sprinkled it with the bread crumbs:


I put it in the oven at 425F for 20 minutes.  My thickest breast wasn't cooked and it didn't look crispy, so I put it back in for five more minutes.

It came out fairly crispy and golden brown:



And the verdict? Tasted just like any other Chicken Parmesan I've eaten, and it was healthier! (No eggs, not fully covered in bread crumbs, and no mozzarella or sauce).  I love Chicken Parmesan with tomato sauce, so I dipped mine in about 2 Tablespoons of canned tomato sauce, which only added a few calories.  Delicious, easy, and healthy!

The bottom line: LOVED IT! 


No comments:

Post a Comment