Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Ranch Tacos

Don't get me wrong, I like Mexican food but I'm not obsessed with it like so many of my friends are.  What made this recipe stand out was the ranch in it; I am a firm believer that ranch makes everything better!


Here's the description from Pin I found:

Chicken Ranch Tacos...These come out amazing in the crock-pot! Use 2 lbs. of raw (not frozen) chicken breast, 1 packet of dry ranch dressing, 1 packet chicken taco seasoning & 1 can of chicken broth. Put that all in the crock-pot and cook on low for 3 hours then shredded the chicken and let it cook on low another 30 min. Tasty and easy!

Turns out when you click on the Original Recipe, it's nothing like the description on the pin. It called for pre-cooked chicken and gave instructions for adding seasoning and cooking it on the stove; this was definitely not what I expected when I thought I had pinned a crockpot recipe.  I decided to follow the directions on the original pin I had found on Pinterest because I really wanted to use my crockpot and I am not a fan of pre-cooked chicken.  I ended up making a 1 pound batch just in case it didn't turn out well.

The meat turned out to be super tender and juicy.  Here's what it looked like after the 3 1/2 hours of cooking: 


When I assembled the tacos, I used a hybrid flour/corn tortilla that I bought at Trader Joe's and topped each taco with shredded Coby and Jack cheeses, lettuce, and sour cream.  I tried it with ranch on top instead of the sour cream, and the sour cream was a much better choice...I guess too much ranch can be a bad thing.  Who knew?

My final taco creation:



Maybe not as pretty as the original picture but oh so delicious!  I will be making these tacos again!
 
Bottom Line: LOVED IT! 



No comments:

Post a Comment