Monday, May 6, 2013

Greek Yogurt Pancakes

I made these a while back before I started this blog, and loved them.  I'm trying to eat more protein and healthier in general, so I decided to make them again with a few tweaks.  Here's the original recipe


The Ingredients you need:
  • 6 oz of your favorite Greek yogurt (I used 0% plain Chobani)
  • 1 egg
  • scant 1/2 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
I also added: 
  • 1 tsp vanilla (per the comments on the everyday belle post)
  • 1 Tbsp chia seeds (I always add these to my pancakes)
As for the instructions:
Open the yogurt container and stir the yogurt until it’s smooth and creamy. Crack an egg over the yogurt and stir to combine leaving. The resulting mixture should be pale yellow in color and have a few lumps here and there. I also added the vanilla. 

  

In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda.  Pour yogurt/egg mixture into the bowl with the flour and baking soda. Stir to combine. The batter will be extremely thick.

  

Then I added the chia seeds.

   

Spoon the batter onto a sprayed griddle or pan heated to medium-high. I usually make four big pancakes, but you could also make 8 smaller ones. (I made 4 pancakes)

 

Flip the pancakes when they start to bubble a bit on the surface. Cook until golden brown on both sides and serve with butter, syrup, fruit, Nutella….anything! 

 

These pancakes come out very fluffy and taste like normal pancakes, but have more protein and less fat than your average flapjack.  

 
I figured out the nutrition information based off the ingredients I used:
(This is for 1 pancake)
Calories 100
Fat 1.75g
Carb 13g
Protein 8.5g

Adding chia seeds adds (per pancake):
Calories 15
Fat 1g
Carb 1.5g
Protein .75g
Plus the health benefits of omega-3's! 

Not bad :)

Bottom Line: LOVED IT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment